-
September 13th, 2008, 06:21 AM
#1
Inactive Member
-
September 13th, 2008, 06:38 AM
#2
Inactive Member
-
September 13th, 2008, 06:44 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Are those cell phone photos? Can you see that they are blurred?
-
September 13th, 2008, 06:48 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Woofer questions:
1st, both woofers appear to be in great shape, no cracks, no obvious repairs, no tape, good movement etc...
They are supposed to both be 421a's. If you look from the front, one has a "silver" dome in the middle and the other doesn't (see pictures below) - what is this, a re-cone?


Then strangely enough, the one without the silver in the middle has the label across the back of the speaker that says it's a 421a, but the one that has the silver dome does not, (see pic below) is there anyway to verify this is a 421a? It certainly looks like the other one:
-
September 13th, 2008, 06:53 AM
#5
Inactive Member
-
September 13th, 2008, 06:56 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Speaker Dave: sorry I didn't see your post as I was still putting up questions... no they are camera pictures, but it's 4am here and I am beat, so I may have not held still enough. I thought they looked good enough for ID, but since I don't really know what I am looking for I could obviously be wrong... If they can't be ID'd from these pics, I will retake tomorrow and re-post.... I need to crash right now....
THANKS !!
Actually here is another one I took earlier, but didn't figure it was much better because of the flash.... it does say 808-8a on the label though....

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ September 13, 2008 03:59 AM: Message edited by: ClassicComics ]</font>
-
September 13th, 2008, 08:38 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Those are very cool old A7 PA speakers! very efficient & loud, the diaphragms in each horn driver are symbiotic so they should match up good.
The mid bass thump from those 421's are impressive with 100watts or more for headroom.
Garnet used to make "BTO" 120 watt tube power slaves to run old A7's like the ones you have, & boy they sounded quite impressive indeed.
The New PA stuff need at least 500-1000watts+ to compare.
The tube power complimented the horns a bit better than SS & dampening the horns helped them to stop ringing.
-
September 13th, 2008, 10:53 PM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
You lucky sicko...
I saw thos ein the ATL C-list, and emailed the guy for pics.
I was planning on picking up a set.
Oh well, glad to see them land in a member's hands.
On your theater set-up I think you should still consider hanging them from chains....
Good luck and your determined searching paid off....
-chris
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ September 13, 2008 07:53 PM: Message edited by: oface1 ]</font>
-
September 14th, 2008, 12:55 PM
#9
Inactive Member
-
September 14th, 2008, 03:42 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Oface1: I only bought the one pair - I couldn't fit both pairs in my friends mini-van
He said someone was driving down from South Carolina to buy the other pair on Saturday -was that you? Or someone else? He was a super nice guy.
I think he e-mailed me about them in response to my Craigslist ad before or right as he was putting his ad up, and I answered him in like two seconds, so I guess I got 1st crack at them. And your right if you are patient and put the time in they will come....
I have an extra single now with a really nice Electro Voice Triaxle speaker in it if anyone is interested.....
Also if anyone has an extra second to go through my post above I had some other questions I was hoping someone could answer....
THANKS!!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks